Skip to content
- Guitarist, producer and songwriter.
- Born in London in 1962 of Jamaican parents.
- His earliest influences were based in the gospel music.
- The son of a preacher, he heard the music of "The Soul Stirrers" and Andre Crouch almost immediately. He taught himself to play the guitar at the age of 4, and his first performances were in London with different gospel groups.
- Influenced by Keith Jarrett, Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian, Grant Green and Roy Ayers.
- Acknowledged as one of the "initial pioneers of the global acid jazz movement".
- His music is a initial example of the fusion of smooth jazz, acid jazz, hip-hop and funk that helped formulate the acid jazz movement.
- His breakthrough was his appearance on Guru’s album Jazzmatazz, Vol. 1, on which he was the featured guitarist.